Use this form to apply for a construction of work zone. Work zones may only be installed following Local Traffic Committee consideration, council approval, and payment of the construction/work zone operation fee.
Steps to obtain works zone approval:
- Complete the Works Zone Application below and pay the fee (non-refundable). The amount is listed at the bottom of the application form and outlined in Council's Fees and Charges.
- All applications will be referred to the Local Traffic Committee for consideration. Please contact Council's Traffic Department for details regarding Traffic Committee dates and approval times.
- Any extension to the duration of works will be considered as a new application, and will require Local Traffic Committee consideration. When entering the start and finish dates, please allow sufficient contingency to avoid any delay due to re-application.
- The applicant will receive notification of approval or objection for the proposed works zone via email.
- Following approval, payment of the fee for the approved duration is required. The fee covers the approved use of the site, supply of required signage and the removal of signage by council. Council will refund any unused fee where work may be shorter than proposed.