Council exists to provide an informed decision-making body that develops the local community and its resources in a responsible way.
It ensures that local public services and facilities respond effectively to community needs.
Council provides a range of day to day services, including:
- Libraries, community centres and halls;
- Recreation facilities, such as swimming pools and sporting fields;
- Infrastructure such as our local roads, buildings, sewerage and drainage, bridges, boat ramps and skate parks;
- Environmental and public health services;
- Waste management, including recycling and landfill disposal facilities;
- Water supply;
- Planning and development services; and
- Services for specific groups in our community, such as senior citizens, people with disabilities, young people and Indigenous people.
Council also employs a wide range of administrative, technical, professional and outdoor staff to carry out the work and ensure our residents receive the public services and facilities they require.