Gosford City Council is one of the largest Local Government Areas (LGA) in NSW, covering an area of 1,029 square kilometres.
Council employs approximately 1,200 people and provides a diverse range of career opportunities in areas such as economic development, waste management, environmental planning, engineering, IT, horticulture, childcare, library services, arts and entertainment and many more – just to name a few.
- Annual Leave - 4 weeks annum (after each 12 months of service). Pro rata leave prior to 12 months;
- Sick Leave - 3 weeks per annum, provided for genuine illness (subject to conditions);
- Carers Leave - employees can use their sick leave entitlement to provide care and support for a family member during a family illness;
- Long Service Leave - Employees receive long service leave as a reward for loyalty and continuous service. This can be transacted by permanent and temporary staff following only 5 years of continuous employment at a rate of 6.5 weeks initially granted and accruing incrementally thereafter. Long Service Leave entitlements may be transferable between council’s within NSW;
- Paid Parental Leave - Staff who satisfy eligibility under the Award and relevant legislation are entitled to paid parental leave of 18 weeks at full pay or 36 weeks on ½ pay. This is paid in addition to entitlements available under the Government’s Paid Parental Leave Scheme;
- Paternity Leave - An employee with at least 12 months continuous service and who is a supporting parent is entitled to 10 days paid leave at the time of the birth or adoption of their child;
- Study Leave - Council is committed to assisting and encouraging employees’ professional and self development. Where possible, council will assist by providing financial assistance and time off to study through our Educational Assistance Policy; and
- Other Leave - includes Bereavement Leave, Jury Service, Military and Emergency Service.
- Access to the corporate fitness program - Fitness Passport;
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and family members (EAP);
- Work/life balance;
- Health and wellbeing program;
- Annual vaccination program;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Rostered Day Off (RDO) Scheme – either nine day fortnight or 19 day month arrangements are available to most employees (dependent on area of employment).;
- Social clubs;
- Breastscreen; and
- Blood donor program.