Located in the tranquil bay side village of Patonga, about 25 kilometres south of Gosford, this camping ground is the perfect spot for a relaxing holiday.
The park has 36 powered and 45 unpowered grassed sites, and is located at Bay Street, Patonga NSW 2256.
- Accessible amenities;
- Electric barbecues;
- Tennis courts available for hire;
- Ferry service to Palm Beach;
- Boat ramp;
- Beach and creek adjacent;
- Bushwalking in Brisbane Water National Park;
- Tent and caravan sites;
- Laundry and dryers;
- Children's play area;
- Local tavern and fish and chip shop nearby;
- No on-site vans or cabins; and
- Campfires permitted in winter months, some rules apply – Fire Pit Guidelines.
Patonga Camping Ground Map and Rules
Patonga Camping Ground Brochure
- 1 December - 31 January inclusive;
- Easter long weekend and April school holidays;
- October long weekend and September/October school holidays; and
- Weekends (Friday and Saturday nights) during the period September - April inclusive.
- 1 September - 30 November (inclusive) - excluding weekends;
- 1 February - 30 April (inclusive) - excluding weekends, the Easter long weekend and April school holidays; June long weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday night).
NB: Friday and Saturday nights during the shoulder periods are charged at the peak rate. The June long weekend is charged at the shoulder rate.
Off-peak period: 1 May - 31 August.
Minimum booking periods
- Christmas holidays - minimum seven night stay (Saturday to Saturday);
- April and October school holidays - minimum three night stay;
- Easter long weekend - minimum three night stay;
- All weekends - minimum two night stay; and
- Weekends during shoulder period (excluding April and October school holidays and the Easter long weekend) - minimum two night stay.
There is a maximum discount of $30 per booking for school groups (this applies to site fees only, not extras).
Advanced deposits will be required in the following circumstances:
- Peak - A 50 per cent deposit at the time of making the booking, and the balance paid two months prior to the date of stay;
- Shoulder and off-peak - A deposit equal to 50 per cent of the tariff (up to $200) must be paid at the time of making the reservation, or within seven days of making the original booking.
A full refund is applicable where Gosford City Council has been notified at least 30 days prior to the proposed arrival date.
- Refunds for cancellations after that period will incur an administration fee ($27.00)
- No refund will be given for cancellations seven days prior to the booking.
- To make a cancellation, phone 4379 1287.
How to make a booking
Phone the camping ground on 4379 1287, seven days a week, or contact council’s Customer Service team on 4325 8222 from Monday to Friday, or by emailing PatongaCampingArea@centralcoast.nsw.gov.au
Arrivals and departures
Check-in time is from 1pm on day of arrival. Sites are to be vacated by 10am on day of departure. Late check-outs can be arranged on request at a cost of $17.
Site fees and charges (as at 1 July 2017)
All site fees include two persons on a site - extras charged as indicated below.
Please note cancellations / refunds are charged at $27, and late checkout is charged at $19.
For more information, see our Fees and Charges.
| Patonga Camping Ground
|| Peak (per night)
||Shoulder (per night)
||Off-Peak (per night)
|Adult (12 years +)
|Child (2 years +)
By making a booking, you and your guests are agreeing to adhere to the Park Rules
- All fees are to be paid at the office on arrival. If the office is unattended, please go to the site you have booked and set up. You will need to arrange payment with the office within the first 12 hours of your arrival.
- Mobile phone reception is extremely limited, and television reception is only accessible with a satellite dish.
- No pets are allowed.
- A coded entry number to the amenities building is available from the caretaker or booking office.
- No permanent sites are available.
- The maximum length of stay is six weeks.
- People under 18 years are not permitted to camp without an adult present.