In New South Wales, building work, subdivision work or the erection of structures is regulated by a certification process.
This certification process cannot occur until a Development Application (DA) has been lodged with the local approval authority and approval obtained.
This process ensures that works or activities which are carried out comply with technical standards, such as the Building Code of Australia and the conditions of consent imposed by council.
Read more about the Certification Process.
About Central Coast Council Building Certification
Acknowledging the importance of the need for timely and efficient certification services, council has established an independent business unit called Central Coast Council Building Certification, which is focused entirely on:
- Processing of Complying Development Certificate applications (CDCs);
- Processing of Construction Certificate applications (CCs) for all classes of buildings; and
- Undertaking the associated building certification role (i.e. mandatory inspections during construction and issue of associated certification such as Occupation Certificates).
Central Coast Council Building Certification has been established to provide the Central Coast building and development industry and the community with professional, timely and cost efficient certification services for any level of project.
How can Central Coast Council Building Certification help you?
- Full range of building approvals, building certification/inspection services and associated advice to our customers;
- Customer focused, efficient, cost effective and quality services;
- Team of professional, qualified and experienced Building Surveyors;
- Council's Central Coast Building Certification business unit is independent and will ensure building regulations, construction standards and development consent requirements are satisfied;
- As a business unit of Central Coast Council, we have the long term support and stability of council;
- Prompt advice and assistance on the Complying Development Certificate and Construction Certificate application process; and
- Flexibility to meet our customers' needs wherever possible including carrying out inspections at times suitable to work/personal commitments (e.g. early morning inspections) or by providing project specific fee proposals upon request.
Like to know more?
For more details about Central Coast Council Building Certification, please phone council on 4325 8222.