Council rangers serve residents through two main functions:
- Enforcement of legislation (Acts, regulations, codes and policies); and
- Responsibility for effective animal control to ensure compliance with statutory and safety requirements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Illegal dumping of rubbish investigations;
- Footpath obstruction investigations;
- Illegal parking;
- Local area patrolling;
- Abandoned vehicle investigations;
- Straying stock;
- Animal (domestic) control; and
- Restrictions on public reserves and roads.
Rangers operate from 6.00am - 6.00pm each day (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day).
Rangers can be contacted by phoning 4325 8222.
Parking Restrictions Fact Sheet