Gosford City Council Privacy Statement
Gosford City Council complies with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002
Council is committed to the Privacy principles contained within these Acts and provides a guide for staff members on proper information handling practices.
Council will only use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected and other related procedures
The main purposes of the Acts :
- Establish procedures for the responsible collection, storage, handling and disclosure of personal and health information
- Provide individuals with rights of access to their personal information held by Council
- Provide individuals with the right to request that Council correct and amend information held about them by the organisation
- Provide a process for the resolution of complaints regarding the handling of personal information
The Privacy NSW web site contains further information on this legislation including:
- The full text of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
- The full text of the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002
- Issues paper on the application of the PPIP Act to local government.
For access to the Privacy NSW web site, visit http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/privacynsw