Council's vision for the City of Gosford
An excellent quality of life based upon minimum population growth, ecologically sustainable development, the provision and maintenance of effective services and the creation of new employment opportunities.
Statements of Intent
Council's Statements of Intent for achieving the City's vision are:
- Employment Access; To encourage employment and career opportunities which are supported by a diverse education system.
- Community Facilities; In co-operation with the community, other tiers of government and the private sector, establish multipurpose community facilities that are conveniently located and accessible to all.
- Community Spirit; To facilitate the growth of community spirit incorporating community pride, responsibility and a sense of identity.
- Economic Development; To encourage a diverse range of ecologically sustainable industries and services which generate employment in the region.
- Information/Consultation/Communication; To ensure open government by providing information services, effective consultation and communication with the community.
- Infrastructure; To undertake efficient and effective management of resources in the provision and maintenance of basic infrastructure (ie, roads, drainage, water & sewerage, kerb and guttering, parks and community facilities etc).
- Local Government; To deliver services to the community in an efficient and effective manner and to maximise funding through close co-operation between the government, private sector and community. To encourage greater autonomy and recognition for Local Government.
- Natural and Built Environment; To ensure development is compatible with, and protective of, the natural and existing built environment. This is to be carried out on an ecologically sustainable basis, with particular emphasis on the conservation of our sensitive and unique natural and cultural environment.
- Recreation and Leisure; To provide a diverse range of local and regional recreational and leisure facilities accessible to all.
- Safety; To achieve a safe and secure environment for all.
- Social Environment; To develop an environment in which the social needs and expectations of the community are well catered for.
- Tourism; To encourage the development of a quality tourism industry incorporating diverse accommodation activities and services compatible with the sensitive local environment.
- Transport; To encourage an efficient transport network including alternative modes of transport.