Dealing with Neighbourhood Issues
Before taking formal steps in reporting an issue, it is recommended that you attempt to contact your neighbour to discuss the problem and an appropriate resolution. This may require that you tactfully bring the concern to you neighbours notice when issues are sensitive.
Common issue include:
- smoke from wood-fired heaters (PDF file, 400kb).
- keeping poultry (PDF file, 110kb).
- air conditioner noise (PDF file, 128kb) - air conditioners are not permitted to be used between 10pm to 7am on weekdays or 10pm to 8am on weekends and public holidays.
- general noise issues.
- overgrown vegetation and derelict properties.
- accumalated rubbish and unsightly articles.
- poorly maintained private swimming pools.
If you are unable to resolve the matter by talking with your neighbour, a report can be made to Council on 4325 8222. It is important to relay all details of your concern, including action already taken and the related property address, to assist Council Officers.
Council recommends that you do not approach neighbours if you are concerned that they may become hostile.