Major development applications support process.
Economic Development Advisor - Major Development Applications
The Economic Development Advisor's role is to assist foster a dynamic economic environment within Gosford City that encourages the generation of local job opportunities and sustainable economic growth.
The Economic Development Advisor provides a customised service for major employment generating developments. Major Development is defined as:
- All Commercial, Industrial and Tourism developments in excess of $2 million; and/or
- Projects resulting in the direct full-time employment of twenty or more people after construction.
It is recommended that Developers considering a Major Development in the Gosford LGA undertake the following procedures:
- Contact the Economic Development Advisor to discuss your proposal. The Economic Development Advisor will provide advice on the project, and the roles of Business Central Coast and the Department of State and Regional Development in assisting major developments.
- Arrange a pre-lodgement meeting with the Economic Development Advisor. Other relevant senior Council officers will attend the meeting. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the proposal and information that will be required to support the Application. A site inspection may also be required.
- The Developer is to provide any plans and/or information to Council prior to the pre-lodgement meeting if possible.
- Minutes of Meeting will be taken at the Pre-lodgement Meeting and a copy given to the Developer on completion of the meeting. Further Pre-lodgement Meetings should be held as needed and for the final proposal.
- Contact the Economic Development Advisor if you require additional information prior to lodging your Development Application.
- Advise the Economic Development Advisor when you lodge your Development Application.
- Major Developments will be marked "Priority". This means that a Project Officer is assigned to coordinate the assessment and facilitate all required meetings. The application is also "walked" through the process.
- The applicant can contact the Economic Development Advisor if any problems with the application are experienced.
Below are a list of key support agencies and links to their respective Internet sites:
- NSW Trade & Investment
- Business Central Coast
- Central Coast Tourism
- Business Mentor Services
If you would like further information or assistance, contact:
Economic Development Advisor
Gosford City Council
Telephone: (02) 4325 8982
Fax: (02) 4323 2528