Electronic Drop Box
Gosford City Council - electronic file transfer service
What is the purpose of the Electronic File Transfer Service
The Electronic File Transfer service has been established to allow customers to lodge documents with Council that might, under normal circumstances be considered too large for traditional systems such as email.
This online service is available for correspondence sent to Council on a daily basis; this includes all generic documents, submission and development documentation that does not require payment.
Our Electronic File Transfer service provides customers with additional flexibility in dealing with Council, benefits include:
- Improved Customer Service as electronic file transfers are not restricted to normal business hours.
- The ability to lodge large multiple files in one transaction
- Prompt distribution of documents throughout Council
- Improved document control as an automatic confirmation of receipt is provided at time of lodgement.
Do not use this service to lodge tender submissions.
If you wish to lodge a submission against a current Council tender, visit Council's Electronic Tenders Service to continue.
How does the Electronic File Transfer Service Work?
To lodge a document through the electronic file transfer service, customers are first required to follow the simple registration process described below:
- Complete the New User registration form below.
- Once the registration details are submitted, an activation email will be sent to the email address you provide.
- Click the link provided in the email to activate your account.
- Once the account has been activated, sign in using the Existing User form below to start using your account and lodge your documents.
Terms and Conditions
All customers who register for an account at our Electronic Drop Box service will be asked to accept the terms and conditions under which the service is provided.
Customers are strongly encouraged to ensure that they read the terms and conditions attached to the provision of the electronic drop box service.
Procedure Manual and Troubleshooting
An online user guide for tasks such as creating an account and lodging documents is available from this web site. Customers may view or download the customer guide for our drop box (PDF File, 128kb) for additional help in setting up their account and using the file submission process.
What is my PIN?
Each new user registering with the Digital Drop Box service is required to record a Personal Identification Number. This number is used in conjunction with our user name/password account credentials to safeguard the integrity of your transactions with Council.
How much information does Council require?
When lodging documents through the electronic file transfer service, customers must provide Council with the following information:
- The subject or Council dealing to which the document refers.
- The Council officers to which the document should be directed (if known).
- All attachments should be clearly described.
What type of files can I submit?
Council will accept MSOffice file formats i.e. Word, Excel and Powerpoint as well as Adobe PDF and TIF.
Electronic Lodgement Guidelines
Customers should consult Council's electronic lodgement guidelines (PDF File, 26kb) for further information.