Recommended for children aged 3 - 5 years.
Storytime aims to introduce children to the joys of literature and language through story, poetry, puppetry and felt stories, fingerplays and rhymes, songs and craft. Recommended for children aged 3 - 5 years. Our Storytime program starts February 2013 and continues through to early December (including school holidays)
Storytime Session Information for 2013
|Gosford Library||Monday and Thursday||10.30am|
|Woy Woy Library||Monday and Wednesday||10.30am|
|Umina Library||Tuesday and Thursday||10.30am|
|Erina Library||Tuesday and Thursday||10.30am|
|Niagara Park Library||Wednesday||10.30am|
|Kincumber Library||Wednesday and Thursday||10.30am|
No bookings are required - parents, carers and children can just arrive and join in the fun!
The aims of storytime are:
- To encourage a love of reading and books.
- To encourage a life-long interest in libraries.
- To stimulate creativity and imagination.
- To assist in vocabulary and language development.
- To assist in the development of pre-literacy skills.
- To assist in the development of social interactive skills.
To ensure everyone enjoys the storytime experience, we kindly ask that you:
- Switch off your mobile phone during storytime.
- Participate in the session by singing and acting out the rhymes and assisting with the craft, including a tidy up of the craft area at the end of the session.
- Share morning tea with your child prior to storytime, so that food/drink is not consumed during the session.
- Converse with other parents/carers after the stories have been read, and not whilst storytelling is taking place.
- Ensure your child remains within the storytime area during the session for their own safety.
We encourage you to:
- Arrive at the library before the session begins, giving you the opportunity to select books and other resources to borrow.
- Interact with other parent carers during the craft session.
- Ask the librarian about literacy and resources for your child.
- In the interest of safety staff will monitor attendance numbers, and where necessary introduce a booking system.
- In accordance with Council's Unattended Children's Policy, "children aged 9 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult".