Information for Parents
Children's Services are offered by all Branches of Gosford City Library, with a specialist Children's and Young Adult Library located at the Gosford Central Library.
Each Branch maintains the following collections within the framework of children's services:
- Picture Book collections including board books for the very young
- Junior Literacy for the emerging and newly independent reader. Includes beginners’ chapter books
- Toy Library
- Videos and DVDs
Navigating the Shelves
Book Blasts! A series of coloured bookmarks have been produced as guides to help locate authors that write the kinds of stories that interest your child.
|Animal stories (blue)||Mystery & Adventure stories (yellow)|
|Fantasy stories (dark green)||Series (purple)|
|Funny stories (orange)||Sport stories (light green)|
|Horse stories (blue)|
5 tips to enjoy reading with your child
1. Find a comfortable place to share a book.
2. Choose books that are short with great rhyme and repetition.
3. Choose books that you both love.
4. Explore books with your child, talk about the pictures, make noises, sing rhymes and songs.
5. Use expression and have fun!
Resources to help explain issues such as death and mental illness to young children.
Special activities and holiday programmes
Activity sessions, workshops, competitions and other programmes for children and young adults are conducted from time to time throughout the year, and these are always advertised at the service desks of all branches. These programmes normally target children and teenagers 5-18 years.
Special Activities will be advertised in the local newspaper, in the Library's newsletter and online at What's on @Your Library.
Resources that you may find useful
Books to assist your child's reading:
TaLe - the NSW gateway to Primary, Secondary and TAFE teaching and learning resources.