Ride 2 Work
Information about Ride to Work promotions to encourage people to commute by bicycle.
Do you want to ride to work but don’t know where to start?
You probably already know all the benefits of riding to work (saving money and time, getting fit, staying healthy, green travel…the list goes on), but you don’t know where to start. Maybe you are a little nervous about riding in traffic or walking into your workplace in your riding gear.
Once you've made up your mind to start riding, the next step is preparation. You'll need a bike in good working order, clothes to ride in and a planned route to take you to work.
Get a head start by checking out the pdf brochure Ten Top Tips For Riding to Work
Then view the presentation of the 10 Top Tips for Riding To Work!
Tips to help get your started
- No Excuse Zone - do you live in a no excuse zone for the Gosford Area?
Have a look at the Central Coast Cycling Guide maps and see if you could ride into work in just 30 minutes.
(That's approximately the time it takes to get to Gosford from Terrigal, Woy Woy or Ourimbah.)
- Learn to ride - find a bike riding school in your area. Finesse Cycling offer courses on the Central Coast.
For more information contact Michael Hull on 0414 210 926 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calculate the benefits - calculate the environmental and financial benefits of riding to work.
You can even calculate how many tim tams or bananas you can burn on your daily commute!
- You don't have to ride the whole way - give multi-moding a go and try riding part way.
- Riding to Work is easy!- practical advice on how to get started.
- Advice on Route Planning - Visit Bikely and search the routes others have uploaded in your area. You'll see when you get there that there are over 15,900. They are arranged by date - the most recently posted is first. There is a handy hints to help you navigate through Bikely.
For example search for "Gosford" in "Australia" in "New South Wales" and you will hit over 166 route suggestions!
If you live on the Central Coast check out the Central Coast Cycling Guide which has a host of information on Bicycle Maps and routes.
- Bike maintenance - Learn easy skills to help your bike stay running. You can also visit this You Tube site for tips on how to care for your bike.