Living Water Smart
Central Coast residents are Living Water Smart
Residential properties are responsible for around 78 per cent of water consumption on the Central Coast. By Living Water Smart in and around your home you can help conserve our precious water supply.
Some simple water saving behaviours can make a difference. You can be water smart by:
- Taking shorter showers
- Using the toilet half flush
- Using a bucket to collect grey water from your shower of bathtub to use on the garden
- Using native and drought tolerant plants in your garden
- Using mulch on your garden bed to prevent water evaporation
- Using a pool cover to reduce water evaporation
- Checking for leaks on tape, pipes and fittings.
For more information about the Central Coast water supply and Living Water Smart see the Gosford/Wyong Councils’ Water website